Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I haven't been very good at updating the blog but that doesn't mean that I haven't kept up with my training. I had a week at the beginning of July where I skipped a run or two due to travelling but other than that I've been pretty faithful to my schedule.

This week is my 6th week. I did a 3.1-mile run on Tuesday morning. I'm scheduled to do a 6-mile pace this evening, 3-miler tomorrow and a 9-miler on the weekend. Hubby and I are planning on doing a day trip to Martha's Vineyard on Sat so I may need to do the long run on Sunday. I prefer doing the long runs on Saturday just to get them out of the way before Sunday but all the plans this weekend we'll see how I can fit it in this weekend.

My longest run to date is 12 miles last weekend. It was extremely hot and humid so I ended up doing the run on the treadmill. As I'm looking at my training calendar I'm already dreading the long, long runs that are yet to come. A local running store is organizing three long runs on three Saturday mornings for marathon trainers. I signed up for two runs (16 and 20 miles) simply because it's nicer to run in a group and they also provide all drinks, gels etc. during the run and  a breakfast after the run. And it's all free!

Now that the long runs are going over 2 hours I really need to start reading up on fueling during long runs. It was a total surprise to me that you are actually supposed to eat calories during the runs depending on your speed. I will need to start experimenting with this so that will have all the science down on the marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment